Image Map

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Olympics!

Did you know what each of the Olympic Rings stands for?  Neither did I until I looked it up on the internet.  I am going to teach the kids in my classroom it's meaning next week.
Meaning of the Olympic Rings

Here are a few more links that may be of interest to you.
United States Medal Count
Canada Medal Count
Russian Federation Medal Count (Host Country)
Germany Medal Count


Do you know how many Winter Olympic Sports there are?  Neither did I.  Here is a link to let you know how many Summer and Winter Sports and what they are.  Olympic Winter Sports

I just found this link that is AWESOME!!!!!!  It is from Time for Kids and it has a link to explain each sport!  Wowzers!!!  Time for Kids: Olympic Winter Sports
You can also print them out!  I am going to do this when I get to school tomorrow and have the students vote on their favorite sport after reading about each of them.  I foresee a bulletin board……

Okay…I need to go for now.  Another post will come tomorrow.  Maybe even a picture of the start of my bulletin board.  There is no way I can get it done tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment