Image Map

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy Weekend….and little bits of randomness!

I don't know about everybody else but I dislike 3 day weeks.  We had Monday and Tuesday off because of Mardi Gras.  The students were extra crazy this week.  My student teacher is picking  up another subject next week and starting Friday she will be teaching everything.  It will be hard letting go of control…

This post will have a few odds and ends here an there.  The first is a link from Laura Candler about 12 Ways to Motivate Reluctant Readers.  This is something that I want to copy and send home to my parents.  The second link is also from Laura Candler about Teaching Informational Text with Magazines.  I don't know about your students but mine LOVE nonfiction.  I put about 30 new nonfiction books out and that is all they want to read.  At the end of the above article there is a GIVEAWAY for a FREE subscription to a Kids' Magazine!  I just entered!  My students would LOVE this!!!!!

If you haven't signed up for Laura Candler's Newsletter, you need to!  There are  many wonderful tips and Freebies!  We all know that teacher's LOVE free things!!!!

On another note, my new SmartBoard was hooked up yesterday but I haven't gotten it fully functional yet.  There were some hiccups (we won't go into that) but things happen for a reason and it will all work out.  I need to look up the owner's manual/instructions online (since I didn't get one) to read what all this little bit of technology can do!

Here are a few more links…I told you this was going to be a random post….
1)Reading Rockets - This is another good site that sends out email newsletters.
2)The 2 Sisters - I am so glad that I found them!  They also send out a newsletter.  I have implemented THE DAILY 5 in my classroom this year for centers and I have to say that it is going rather well!  Now, if I can just find the book I bought!!


Okay…I guess that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment