Image Map

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

BLOGS I Love!!!

I am a NOVICE blogger!  If there is a stage below novice, that would be me.  How do you get better at something?  ANSWER:  Practice, Practice, Practice....and that is what I'm doing.  Today, I want to talk about a few blogs that I feel are a MUST for you to follow.

  1. Teaching Maddenness - I don't know what I did before I found this blog.  Amanda is truly a gifted person who loves sharing her talents with others.  What I admire most about her is the way she does her lesson plans.  She does not use a basal reader and teaches using Genre Studies!  Ask yourself this question:  How many of us want to ditch the basal but are too scared (of change) to do it??  Me, Me, Me!!!!!!!  I know it will not happen overnight or even this school year but....I PROMISE...it will happen and it will be the best thing I have ever done.  Oh...she is also on TPT and has her own website (Teacher's Clubhouse).
  2. Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd - Ashley is so spunky and full of love for the teaching profession.  She loves what she does and it shows.  I have bought many things from her TPT store (more things than I want to admit).  She has also started using Periscope (app downloaded for your phone) with her Blogging BFF, Angie from Lucky Little Learners.  It is a video app for you phone.  They have written a list of 10 Must Knows for the Periscope Beginner.
  3. Lucky Little Learners - Angie  is from Minnesota and teaches 2nd grade at the school she attended as a child.  I can't even imagine what that would feel like.  She LOVES using Interactive Notebooks and I have to say, I am learning to love them too!  You need to go and visit her TPT store to see it for yourself.  Who doesn't learn when they are interacting within the lesson instead of listening to the teacher teach??  

Believe me, there are MANY more blogs out there that are AWESOME!!!!!!!!  Only a little bit at a time!  How can I forget this one..................
Farrah Shipley!  I discovered Whole Brain Teaching in the Spring and attended their National Conference in Louisiana.  Anyway....there will be an ENTIRE post dedicated to her and WBT!!!


     

1 comment:

  1. Awe Susan! You are too too sweet! Love all the blogs you mentioned as well! Great post!

    ReplyDelete